You might soon be rolling into Flu Season in your part of the world, and looking for some ways to combat the nasty illness. Fret not, as we have the most useful tips for preventing the flu from affecting you.
It’s no surprise that a vaccination will help prevent the flu, but how often should you go for one? Depending on your country, flu vaccinations should be annual, usually taken a few weeks before the flu season comes around for you.
Vaccinations should be taken by everyone over the age of 6 months, to properly protect yourself.
General Tips To Improve Protection
There are a variety of different things you can do to protect yourself against the flu:
- Less Alcohol: Alcohol interferes with sleep quality, and being sleep-deprived can drastically affect your immune system, leaving you more susceptible to the flu.
- More Protein: The opposite of the above, studies have shown that people who have diets too low in protein can result in a worse immune system.
- Sanitize Yourself: Be sure to keep your hands as clean as possible, and to consider using sanitizing liquid to kill any bacteria that might still be on your hands after any task.
- Buy A Humidifier: Flu viruses are able to thrive in dry air, usually around winter. Keeping your home humidified may slow the spread of the virus.
- Keep Your Surroundings Clean: Be sure to sanitize the things you share with others, such as computer keyboards, remote controls, as well as countertops.
Keep these tips in mind, and you just might avoid having to deal with the virus altogether.